Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Been There Wiped That!

Talking about the importance of multi media with another student in class, and considering how I might incorporate it into assignment 3 on change a teacher.  Wanting to do something with the internet and perhaps blogging. Seems that there are so many untouched resources using technology, and somewhere there has to be a starting point. Today for example, I was thinking about catch phrase slogans, and how reliable they are in our society at getting people’s attention and keeping the thought of the product or service in their mind.  (What would I name my blog??) I saw this particular web ad for a non profit group who organize baby sales “Been There Wiped That”, its there company and domain name. Can’t get the name out of my head, and can’t wait till they have their sale in February. Good thing that it wasn’t heard with a jingle or I’d really be in trouble.
Anyways, getting to the point of how important it is to “get their attention”, referring to students and staff in our schools. Half of the problem is the fact that we have a difficult time getting them in the door these days, let alone actually looking for something. What happened to the times when you’d wander in to look at new titles, grab one or two off the shelf, and peruse for awhile? NO TIME, I guess. 
Anyway, I make it my pledge to create a couple of good catch phrases annually for the library to draw in the ones that haven’t stepped through the door yet. Maybe one that is related to an event going on, or a mystery contest, or a holiday social, or just to say hello.  How about “T’is the season... read, relax, enjoy!!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment