Monday, December 13, 2010

The End

Thinking about what I have learned over the course of this term is difficult to summate. I know that this course has provided a wealth of information to me concerning reference materials; selecting, evaluating and maintaining it, I will need to go back and record all the websites that were shared. So many great ones!! The idea of reference as information, an information process, and as a guide were also made clear. Getting to know your clientele and their needs concerning reference materials will be so important as the cost of materials continues to sky rocket while the budgets are reduced. Our discussions concerning cost and availability of certain resources and the use of online resources was also very valuable.  I know there will be a major learning curve on the job, trying to put things all together.  Finally, I enjoyed completing the projects (evaluate a reference and change a teacher) as well, because it gave me an opportunity to put myself in the situation as a teacher librarian, and work to find solutions.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussions and to my partners in assignment three, for their efforts. Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment